Private College Admissions Consulting
In the highly personalized, hands-on private consulting program, the student will work directly with expert college admissions consultant Eric Eng and includes unlimited personalized email access (and Skype sessions on a limited basis, as appropriate) to address any questions as they arise, such as academic advising, extracurricular activities, summer program applications, and college applications. Eric Eng will personally review and edit all essay drafts, including summer program and college applications throughout the entirety of the program. Limited availability to 15 students per year.
- College applications and essay editing for up to 10 schools, and may include Ivy League, Stanford, and MIT
- Student may swap out schools in the list based on preference, ie, Dartmouth for Carnegie Mellon, Yale for UChicago, etc.
- Full Review of the main Common Application (including entries and descriptions) and supplementary materials (research, art portfolio)
- Academic / Extracurricular Feedback, Review & Worksheet Editing
- Essay Brainstorming Sessions to address essay prompts
- Ad Hoc sessions with Eric Eng to address the above essay drafts
- Practice Interview Session with Eric Eng, a former Princeton interviewer
- Instructional Sessions on How to Recycle Essays for additional schools
- Letter of Recommendation Strategy
Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior Year:
- Personalized 1-1 Skype or In-Person meetings with Eric Eng quarterly
- Academic and Extracurricular Strategy Advising
- Academic / Extracurricular Worksheet Feedback, Review & Editing
- Editing and Feedback for Research Competitions and Humanities Competitions
- Student applies to a total of up to 5 summer research programs (essays may be recycled), including but not limited to:
- Research Science Institute, Telluride (TASP), Stanford Humanities Summer Program, Simons Summer Research, Garcia Summer Scholars, Stanford Institutes for Medical Research (SIMR), Boston University RISE, UCSB Research Mentorship, UC Santa Cruz SIP, UC Davis Young Scholars, Summer Science Program (SSP), and many others.
Note: While there isn’t a strict requirement to enter the Private Consulting Program, my typical student is academically talented and will have a 3.9+ unweighted GPA, 1550+ on the SAT’s, and close to 800 on the Subject Tests by the time he/she applies. Due to high demand, there is an interview process prior to enrolling in the program. Students who enroll as rising freshmen typically show a strong degree of academic potential.